Free Post-Budget Tax Clinics – by video or phone
Following on from the Chancellor's spring Budget, Wilkinson and Partners are organising a series of free tax clinics. The clinics are designed to help local business owners understand any Budget announcements and COVID-19 business support measures that may be relevant to them.
Initially these clinics were set to be held at either our Bingley or Ilkley offices. However, with the COVID-19 restrictions now in place, we will now be running these 1-hour appointments as either live video calls or phone calls.
The clinics will give 'attendees' the opportunities to find out about current and forthcoming changes which may affect their future tax liabilities, business plans or personal wealth plans.
Elements from the Chancellor's budget which business owners may want to discuss further include the changes to the:
- Capital Gains Tax (CGT) reduction in the Entrepreneurs' Relief lifetime limit
- Tapered annual allowance for pensions
- Top Slicing Relief on life insurance policy gains
- Off-payroll working rules (IR35)
- Capital Allowances and the Rate of Structures and Buildings Allowance
- Business car tax and changes in Vehicle Excise Duty, including those for zero emission cars
- National Insurance Contributions and the Employment Allowance
In addition to the above tax related changes announced in the budget, we are happy to discuss the measures the Government is putting in place to support businesses who are affected by COVID-19.
Attendees can also use these clinics to discuss any of the following topics:
- Tax returns and Self Assessment
- Income Tax and personal allowances
- Inheritance Tax and elder care planning
- Residential or commercial income and taxes
- Making Tax Digital and VAT related issues
The free tax clinics will be held throughout March and April and anyone wishing to attend must book an appointment first.
'Meeting up' during the Coronavirus outbreak
We are mindful that whilst some people may want to discuss one or more of the points raised above, the situation relating to the Coronavirus lockdown and non-essential travel, means that we can longer meet in person. To this end, we are happy to conduct the free tax clinic appointments using our video conference call software so that we can speak to people from the comfort of their office or home. We are also happy to conduct the appointment by phone. During these difficult times, our aim is to carry on with our business and to continue to provide advice to our clients, with as minimum disruption as possible.
Book your free tax clinic appointment today!
To book a free post-Budget tax clinic, simply call our Bingley office on 01274 518200 or our Ilkley office on 01943 817045 or email email@example.com.
These are free sessions and you are under no obligation to instruct the practice to carry out any future work for you.