Important Information about COVID-19
As are many businesses, Wilkinson and Partners are monitoring the developing situation regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We want to share with you how we are addressing the situation and what measures we are putting in place during these challenging times.
Firstly, we would like to stress that it is very much 'business as usual' in both our Bingley and Ilkley offices. However, our priority is to protect our staff and our clients and to take whatever action is necessary to reduce the spread of the virus, whilst minimising disruption to the business during this period.
To help combat the rapid growth in the number of people infected with COVID-19, we will be adopting the following procedures with immediate effect:
- Where appointments have been booked to meet with any of our Partners or staff, we would ask that these meetings only go ahead where both parties are not showing any symptoms of the virus. In such cases, or as an extra precaution, we would be happy to conduct the meeting over the phone or by using our video conferencing facility. If you prefer, we can rearrange a face to face meeting for a later date.
- If any member of our team starts showing symptoms of the virus; has come into contact with someone who has the virus; or if they have visited an infected area, they will need to take onboard the Government's advice on self-isolating. We request that our clients, suppliers and business associates adopt the same approach.
- Should a member of staff have to self-isolate they will need to work from home, thereby minimising any disruption to client services. However, we would like to stress that no-one will be asked to work from home unless they are fit and well enough to do so.
- Visitors to our Ilkley and Bingley offices will be asked to use the provided hand sanitizers or wash their hands before entering and leaving our offices.
We will continue to monitor the situation on a daily basis, taking advice issued by the Government and the World Heath Organisation as required. Should further measures need to be taken to reduce the spread of COVID-19, we will update you accordingly.
Government support for businesses
In his Spring Budget, the Chancellor allocated £12 billion to helping public services, individuals and businesses who are caught up in the disruption caused by COVID-19.
If your business is affected you may be able to access one or more of the following initiatives, subject to meeting the relevant criteria:
- Reclaiming Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) for eligible employees who have been off work due to COVID-19.
- Claiming 100% Business Rates Relief for one year.
- Accessing a one-off grant if you are a small business that is entitled to the Small Business Rate Relief.
- Accessing the new 'Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme' which is being set up by the British Business Bank.
- Supporting businesses and the self-employed with paying tax bills, through HMRC's Time To Pay Service.
Click on the link for a full breakdown of the Government's support packages relating to COVID-19.
If you would like to discuss your concerns about Coronavirus and how it is affecting your business, or your interaction with Wilkinson and Partners, please don't hesitate to contact us.